What are cookies?
What cookies are used on this website:
The cookies we and our business partners use on this website are broadly grouped into the following categories:
Essential - Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this would be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on the website or which allows communication between your browser and the website. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section "How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?" is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our website without these cookies.
Analytics - We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.
How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
If you want to reject cookies we use from this website you will need to:
delete the cookies from your browser. Most browsers also allow you to prevent all or some cookies being stored on your machine in the future. For more information on how to delete or disable cookies from your browser please use the "help" function within your browser or alternatively visit www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookie preference cookie the next time you visit this website the cookie message bar will appear again inviting you to again reconsider your preferences; and/or
if you only want to reject the Interest-Based Advertising cookies we store on your machine you can opt-out of receiving these cookies at any time by going to the Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ and following the opt-out instructions.
Please be aware that disabling cookies may impact the functionality of this website.
Please note that we can't always control third party cookies stored on your machine from our website and where this is the case you will need to visit the relevant third party's website directly to manage cookies stored on your machine by them. Please see our "Third Party Cookies" section below.
Third party cookies:
Some of the cookies described in the "What Cookies are used on this Website" section above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our website. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
- Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ where you will be able to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Advertising cookies from some of the third parties listed below; and/or
Type of cookies
- Adobe / Omniture
- Analytics Omniture provide anonymised data about the visits made to our website and allows us to test and evaluate the best ways to present our website to our users.
- Analytics Google provides anonymised data about the visits made to our website.
Social Sharing Google also store cookies which allow the "Google +" social sharing functionality.
- Analytics Add This provides anonymised data about how many users are sharing content on our website.
Social Sharing Add This store cookies which allow the social sharing functionality on social networks such as Facebook.
Interest-Based Advertising AddThis tools may also collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.
- Social Sharing Facebook store cookies which allow the Facebook "Like" social sharing functionality but only if you click on the Facebook "Like" button on our website or log in to Yell using your Facebook account.
- Social Sharing Twitter also store cookies which allow their social sharing functionality including the "Tweet" function and to generate usage information during your visit to our website.
- eBay / Doubleclick
- Interest-Based Advertising eBay may have cookies dropped on their behalf in order to collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.
- Interest-Based Advertising AOL cookies may also collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.
If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium's website.
We may update this policy from time to time so you may want to check it each time you visit our website.
We last changed this policy on 14 May 2012.